Tomorrow July 1st will be the start of Sigma Chi’s Grand Chapter. This year it will be held in Charleston, SC from July 1st to July 5th. Grand Chapter meets every 2 years (odd # years) and has a delegate from the Grand Consul, Past Grand Consult, undergraduate and graduate chapters. Each delegate has 1 vote when voting for new officers and/or amending changes to Sigma Chi’s Constitution etc…
This year will be the77th Grand Chapter which dates back to 1857. Click here(pdf link) for a more detailed look at Grand Chapter’s history.
Here is a breakdown of the events scheduled.
- Thursday Welcome Reception – held at the The Williams Aiken HouseThe White
- Following the Thursday welcome reception, we have arranged optional blocks of dining reservations at Charleston’s best restaurants at all price points and cuisines
- Rose Luncheon – held on Friday, July 3 in the Long Room at at McCrady’s Restaurant
- Significant Sigs Awards Banquet
- The Order of Constantine Luncheon
- Saturday Fourth of July Celebration – held at the South Carolina Aquarium
- There are also several options for various tours
I am hoping to see some people blog or twitter the events while they are at Grand Chapter. So if you’re at Grand Chapter and plan on tweeting the events, make sure to send a message to @sharesigmachi
Host: Jacob Cook Running Time: 46:33
Its easy to stay up to date with the podcast and many ways to subscribe.